Over the past few weeks, I've been finalizing arrangements for my trip to the Republic of Korea which will kick off the Year of Adventure™ I aim to have, living life to the fullest while celebrating the unbounded spirit of my late, beloved father. There are many things I want to do during my brief time there … and many items that I feel are essential to making it an enjoyable holiday. Including:
• Travel journal to record my thoughts. Illustrated by Gustove Doré. Selected based upon the experiences of the day:
• Reading material:
• Sleeping pills. There is a 24-hr food market a few blocks away from my hotel that should keep me occupied while I adjust to the 15 hour time difference. If required, these will aid the process.
• Imodium. There is a 24-hr food market a few blocks away from my hotel that should keep me occupied as I partake in a quest to sample every dish of Korean street food. Including things I can't identify. Including things I CAN identify and still willingly choose to indulge in.
• Western snacks. It's been my experience that eastern junk food is not as stupendously sweet as its western counterpart. Two weeks doesn't seem like a long time, but I am not willing to go through the withdrawal.
• One Million dollars. Or, more accurately, Won. The conversion equals approximately one thousand in Canadian funds. I still feel baller though.
I'm nearly set. Let the countdown begin...